Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Installation Technician for Wireless Voice, Data and Video Systems. This will include installation of backbone hardware, field hardware, cable pulling, grounding of equipment, antenna and line work as well and vehicle equipment installations.
- Must be team-focused with a passion to meet customer needs and company goals.
- Installation of the latest Wireless Voice, Data and Video products such as the latest Motorola Digital radio technology for both mobile and fixed applications and Avigilon Video and Access Control for Government, Large Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Commercial customers
- Provide installation of and Tier 1 service support for our customers equipment by replacing defective components through standard troubleshooting procedures.
- Use the following test equipment to configure, stage, and diagnose electronic problems within various communications systems: Computer, Communication System Analyzer, O-scope, Tone Generator, Watt Meter, Cable Testers, Antenna Sweep Gear, Multi-meter, Tone and Probe Kit, and Test Set as required to completed tasks. Training will be available for higher tier testing equipment.
- Work with customer to determine deadlines, urgency, timeline, and schedule for completing installation work.
- Practice safe, basic housekeeping techniques in all work areas per OSHA guidelines
- Perform training, as requested by ERS Wireless, to build knowledge in the wireless voice, data and video products in which we sell and service.
- 2+ Years’ experience in installation of communication systems, audio visual systems, networking, or other similar industry experience.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Experience installing vehicular communication systems such as two-way radios, camera systems, mobile data systems, modems, lights and sirens, GPS systems, and consoles in various types of vehicles.
- Possess an understanding of RF Systems and Networking design and trouble shooting.
- Have a mechanical aptitude and ability to use various types of hand and power tools.
- Ability to complete reports and documentation associated with job tasks.
- Ability to be detailed and accurate in the installation work to be performed but be efficient and perform work within timeframes provided.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on your own without assistance.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
ERS Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please e-mail resume to