Location: Kokomo, Indiana
We are looking for an Electronics Field Service Technician for Wireless Voice, Data and Video Systems to join our rapidly growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for the installation and support of wireless communication systems. We rely on the expertise of our technicians in delivering the best service and products to our customers. To excel in this role, the ideal candidate must be customer service oriented with professional communication skills and possess a willingness to learn and be reliable.
- Provide Electronics Field Service for Wireless Voice, Data and Video products such as the latest Motorola Digital radio technology for both mobile and fixed applications and Avigilon Video and Access Control for Government, Large Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Commercial customers
- Provide service call support for our customers equipment by replacing defective components through standard troubleshooting procedures
- Use the following test equipment to configure, stage, and diagnose electronic problems within various communications systems: Computer, Communication System Analyzer, O-scope, Tone Generator, Watt Meter, Cable Testers, Antenna Sweep Gear, Multi-meter, Tone and Probe Kit, and Test Set
- Work with customers to determine deadlines, urgency, timeline, and schedules for completing repairs or system implementations
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams
- Practice safe, basic housekeeping techniques in all work areas per OSHA guidelines
- Certified Electronics Technician Certification (CET) from ETA – preferred not required
- 2+ Years experience and training regarding the configuration, installation and testing of Motorola two-way radio equipment including Astro P25 Systems, MOTOTRBO Systems, MCC7500/5500 Dispatch Consoles, Avigilon Video and Access Control, and R56 Grounding Standards or experience and training on other similar communication systems in which the same RF theory applies
- 1+ years experience installing vehicular communication systems such as two-way radios, camera systems, mobile data systems, modems, lights and sirens, GPS systems, and consoles in various types of vehicles
- Knowledge of RF Systems and Networking design and trouble shooting
- Have a mechanical aptitude and ability to use various types of hand and power tools
- Ability to complete reports and documentation associated with job tasks
- Associates or Bachelors in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to pass a pre-employment background check
- Must be willing to pass a pre-employment drug screen
About ERS Wireless
At ERS Wireless, we represent the best wireless voice, data, and video products in the industry and help customers improve efficiency while increasing safety with the systems we design. Our customers are police officers, firefighters, healthcare staff, teachers, and skilled tradesmen- to name a few, and every day they rely on the wireless technologies we provide to ensure they can communicate clearly. Whether it is an everyday situation or an emergency, we help customers have the peace of mind that the right information gets to the right person at the right time.
We employ over 150 talented individuals throughout Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. Our employees enjoy competitive wages based on experience, paid holidays, paid time off, 401K options, and medical/dental insurance. Most importantly, where ERS Wireless is a third-generation, family-owned company we value the importance of family, while also offering the stability of a large company. If you are interested in a career that is rewarding and offers opportunities for personal growth, you should join our team!
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with match
- STD and LTD
- We will cover fees associated with most professional certifications
- Company-provided tools and uniforms
- Use of a company vehicle while servicing customers
ERS Wireless is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all applications for employment and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please e-mail resume to