Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Electronics Field Service Technician for Wireless Voice, Data and Video Systems.
- Must be team-focused with a passion to meet customer needs and company goals.
- Provide Electronics Field Service for Wireless Voice, Data and Video products such as the latest Motorola Digital radio technology for both mobile and fixed applications and Avigilon Video and Access Control for Government, Large Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Commercial customers
- Provide service call support for our customers equipment by replacing defective components through standard troubleshooting procedures.
- Use the following test equipment to configure, stage, and diagnose electronic problems within various communications systems: Computer, Communication System Analyzer, O-scope, Tone Generator, Watt Meter, Cable Testers, Antenna Sweep Gear, Multi-meter, Tone and Probe Kit, and Test Set
- Work with customer to determine deadlines, urgency, timeline, and schedule for completing repairs or system implementations.
- Practice safe, basic housekeeping techniques in all work areas per OSHA guidelines
- Certified Electronics Technician Certification (CET) from ETA – preferred not required.
- Associates or Bachelors in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 2+ Years’ experience and training regarding the configuration, installation and testing of Motorola two-way radio equipment including Astro P25 Systems, MOTOTRBO Systems, MCC7500/5500 Dispatch Consoles, Avigilon Video and Access Control, and R56 Grounding Standards or experience and training on other similar communication systems in which the same RF theory applies.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Experience installing vehicular communication systems such as two-way radios, camera systems, mobile data systems, modems, lights and sirens, GPS systems, and consoles in various types of vehicles.
- Possess a thorough understanding of RF Systems and Networking design and trouble shooting.
- Have a mechanical aptitude and ability to use various types of hand and power tools.
- Ability to complete reports and documentation associated with job tasks.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
ERS Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please e-mail resume to