Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
We are currently recruiting for a professional and reliable Dispatcher/Scheduler to join our Indianapolis team. In this position, the dispatcher performs scheduling, routing, and dispatch duties; answer service request phone calls in 2-way Radio Systems, 911 Centers, Security Systems, and other technical industries that we service. These calls will be primarily commercial requests with light residential requests as well. As a Dispatcher, you will be in charge of coordinating Technician schedules by skill set, geographical jobsite location, and by priority of the caller’s needs.
This is a fast-paced position. To excel in this position, the ideal candidate should be able to multi-task in stressful conditions with little supervision, be reliable, and be a quick learner.
Essential Job Functions
Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments
- Familiarize oneself with the geographic service area and surrounding areas
- Greet individuals entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Schedule appointments and maintain/update appointment calendars
- Resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- Receive payments and record receipts for services
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and/or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents
- Transmit information or documents to customers via computer, mail, or fax machine
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries
- Provide establishment information, such as location of department, employees within the organization, services provided, etc.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to learn and follow regulations and guidelines pertaining to the program; communicate effectively orally and in writing; prioritize workload and work effectively and independently to learn new procedures quickly; maintain accurate records; be an active listener with the ability to listen, comprehend and record information accurately; multitask; communicate and work effectively in stressful situations; utilize critical thinking skills to in order to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and/or approaches to presented issues; possess social perceptiveness.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience in dispatch/scheduling or related roles
- ERP Experience
- Proficient computer skills are required, including Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills. This position requires clear and concise communications.
- Ability to multi-task, be organized, efficient, accurate and accountable
- Strong work ethic and capacity to handle high work volume both independently and in a teamwork environment
- Ability to resolve conflict and solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment; adaptability to change
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
ERS Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please e-mail resume to